Network Mixer 5/18 - Carol Huntwork, past LCWC President, receives certificate of recognition and appreciation for her generous commitment of service over the years.
In 1911, when the Crescenta Valley was little more than a village, a group of women (the Crescenta Club) gathered for the purpose of forming an organization for the development & improvement of the community & for social contacts. In 1924, La Crescenta Woman’s Club was incorporated & became a member of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs. The improvement of the only school in the area and its grounds (La Crescenta School) was the first in a long line of philanthropic projects. We offered aid during the Big Tujunga Fire of 1925 & after the great flood of 1934, the Woman’s Club served as a first aid station. The clubhouse was built in 1925 and enlarged in 1961, as the Club celebrated it’s 50th anniversary. Damaged significantly in 1966 by an arson-set fire, it was rebuilt almost immediately. In 2016, our Club received a generous grant from Los Angeles County & more renovations were made.